Bay Area hipsters have simply gone too far this time. Bringing back these ten 90’s trends is just downright irresponsible. Listen, we’re cool with the combat boots, overalls and flannels, but one must know when enough is enough and practice some self-control. So we urge you, hipsters, to take a long hard look at yourselves and think about what you’re doing before it’s too late and we are thrown back into the realm of “Da bomb” and “Talk to the hand.”
1. Chokers They’re not cute. They are itchy and unflattering and not edgy.
2. Looney Tunes Clothing Not sure if this one even needs to be explained, but just in case, NO. Especially if the Looney Toons characters in question are dressed in “hip hop” outfits.
3. Scrunchies We said goodbye to this odd hair candy a long time ago. Let it be.
4. Jelly Sandals They make no sense. They hurt your feet and make them sweaty in about 3 seconds.
5. Chain Wallets Have absolutely no function whatsoever beyond looking extremely lame.
6. Flavor Savers Not sure why men think this look is appealing to women. There’s a reason why the soul patch died and absolutely no reason to bring it back.
7. Extremely High Platforms Hobbling around all hunched over like that can’t be good for your spine. Plus, twisting your ankle isn’t fun.
8. Knee Socks Yes, they were fabulous in Clueless, but we can’t all be Cher and let’s not try.
9. Colored Glasses They don’t block out the sun and they don’t help you see better. Toss. 10. Dark Lip Liner If you insist on doing this then you might as well go full-blown and drag out the crimping iron and butterfly clips.